BAMBOO TOOTHBRUSH – PASTEL PINK
- Medium bristle
- Made of Moso bamboo (panda friendly)
- Biodegradable and compostable handle
- Antibacterial and antimicrobial
- BPA free nylon 6 bristle which although is not biodegradable it is still the best for oral care
- Plastic free, recycled and biodegradable packaging
- Painted bottom to prevent any water damage from water that may be sitting at the bottom of your toothbrush cup
- Huli toothbrush will last you the same as a regular plastic toothbrush
All our products are vegan, eco-friendly and ethical!
We always ship plastic-free.
Bamboo toothbrush made of sustainably grown Moso bamboo with a water resistant bottom.
Why should I choose/use Huli Brush?
There are around 4 billion toothbrushes dumped in landfills and oceans each year. Plastic toothbrushes take around thousand of years to degrade but they will never fully biodegrade… They’ll just degrade into smaller micro plastics which are dangerous to us and our wildlife. Due to this, over 100,000 marine mammals and a million sea birds are killed off annually.
It is very hard to burn plastic and when they do get burnt, they end up releasing more hazardous chemicals.
Huli brushes are the best alternative to regular plastic toothbrushes as they are made from bamboo, a natural cellulose fibre, the handles are biodegradable, environmentally sustainable, and do not pollute the environment.
Our toothbrushes are BPA FREE, FAIR TRADED and VEGAN FRIENDLY.
What is Moso bamboo and why is Huli Brush made of it?
Moso (Phyllostachys edulis) is a rapidly renewable giant bamboo species which can grow up to 1 metre a day! It’s growth is environmentally sustainable, and do not pollute the environment as there are no pesticides or fertilizers ever used on this bamboo, because it contains naturally-occurring antimicrobial agents.
The Moso bamboo plant consists of multiple stems, which may be harvested each year without killing the mother plant.
The amazing growth and self-renewing ability of bamboo means that deforestation is not necessary either.
Are Huli Brushes panda friendly?
Moso bamboo is not a food for pandas (they prefer other types of bamboo) and Moso bamboo forests are not their natural habitat so Moso bamboo is definitely panda friendly 🙂
What are the bristles made of?
The bristles we use are made of BPA free nylon 6. Although it is not biodegradable it is still the best choice to maintain proper oral care.
Nylon 6 is low water absorbent which allows to keep your toothbrush hygienic and keeps your teeth clean.
There are bio alternatives like animal hair or PLA bristles, but to proper oral care standards they aren’t yet a good alternative and also we are not keen on using any animal by-products.
We are constantly monitoring the market and as soon as there will be a better biodegradable alternative we will make sure to implement it in our toothbrushes.
How do I use and care for my Huli Brush?
You can use your Huli Brush in the same way you would use a regular plastic toothbrush.
Huli brushes have secured bottom to repel water but make sure the rest of the toothbrush does not sit on the wet surface for too long.
How long does Huli Brush last?
It lasts for the same time as plastic toothbrush. It is recommended by dentists to change your toothbrush every 2-3 months.
How do I dispose Huli Brush?
- First try to upcycle – reuse your worn-out bamboo toothbrush before recycling it. Old toothbrushes serve as great scrubbers for cleaning your house (especially bathroom and kitchen) and rubbing the stains out of clothing.
- After it is no longer usable for you, recycle your Huli Brush.
Remove bristles by pulling them out small section by section with a pair of pliers. Make sure all the bristles are removed before composting.
- Throw away bristles with regular trash.
- Compost your toothbrush handle or throw it away with your bio trash.